Seven reasons why you should use your dental insurance
June 10, 2020
1. Oral health care is an essential factor of senior health and wellness, 70% of older adults do not have dental insurance. We can help.
2. It is recommended to visit your dentist every six months for routine cleanings. By doing so you’ll not only lower your risk for oral infections and early treatments for more serious problems.
3. According to the American Academy of Periodontology, those with diabetes are more likely to have gum disease than those without diabetes. Researchers say this is because diabetes reduces the body’s resistance to infection, the gums are among the tissues likely to be affected.
4. Smiling can do big things – relax your body, lower your blood pressure, boost your immune system, and release endorphins. Protect your smile for years to come by getting dental insurance today.
5. Dental disease is preventable. Practice good oral care habits by brushing your teeth twice daily, daily flossing, and scheduling regular dentist visits.
6. Did you know? Gum disease — not old age — is the leading cause of tooth loss for people in the U.S.
7. Nearly 80% of adults have gum disease during their lifetime. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, a one-pack-a-day smoking habit can cause you to lose at least two teeth every 10 years.